Award-winning Writer, Lover of Latin, Ancient Historian, Prehistorian and Muddy Archaeologist.
As an author and public speaker, I’m in the business of lively, engaging professional communication through talks, study days and courses, tours and cruises, online and through the written word, media, film and audio.
Read my CV here: Gillian Hovell BA CV May 2018.
In person, in the field, on line and in the media I’m renowned for changing the way folk see the world around them.
I can do this for you and your audience by:
- showing how our modern lives are filled with stories and influences from the past,
- revealing the relevance of the history, archaeology or Latin that is all around us,
- discovering the underlying humanity that makes us part of the ‘big picture’ of history and civilization,
- opening our eyes to finding and understanding archaeological sites and finds,
- and so adding colour and depth and fresh meaning to our everyday lives.
Informative, entertaining and lively.
View a recent lecture about the archaeology of Jarlshof, Shetland while on board Le Boreal while crossing a ‘lively’ North Sea
Ex BBC TV, I specialise in making all history and also the classics relevant and exciting, and in opening the audience’s eyes to seeing the richness of heritage around us.
My talks inspire and inform courses, national and local societies and community projects, and are perfect to inspire travel and tourism companies, museums, galleries, history-based and classical associations, universities and colleges, and literary groups, amongst others.
A wide-ranging Portfolio of Talks and Courses is available
A dedicated Art Lectures Portfolio is also available
To book a richly-illustrated, engaging and lively talk, course or study day, or to join me on a tour or a cruise, or arrange a private tour or event, or to arrange a media appearance:
Tel. 01423 203516 Mob. 07860 637301
You can subscribe to our Muddy Archaeologist newsletter by simply entering your email address below and clicking the button.